Traffic and road conditions
Due to strong wind passenger traffic is allowed only:
-on the part of the A1 motorway between Sveti Rok and Posedarje junctions;
-on the section of the A6 Rijeka-Zagreb motorway between Kikovica and Delnice junctions, detour: DC3 state road (winter equipment mandatory!);
-on the part of the DC8 Adriatic road Karlobag-Sveta Marija Magdalena;
-on the DC54 Maslenica-Zaton Obrovački state road.
On the section of the DC8 Adriatic road Bakar-Karlobag, on the A7 Draga-Šmrika motorway and on the LC58107 Križišće-Kraljevica local road there is a traffic ban on: doubledeckers, trailers, motorcycles, delivery vans and vehicles with covered cargo area.
It is snowing in Gorski kotar and Lika mountain areas, in the northwestern, eastern and central parts.
Roads are wet and slippery, especially bridges and viaducts of the interior due to low temperatures.
Due to winter driving conditions there is a traffic ban on freight vehicles with a trailer and all other vehicles have to use the winter equipment on the following roads of
Lika mountain area and in the central parts:
- DC1 Zagorje-Grabovac-Vaganac-Udbina-Gračac-Knin,
-DC6 Vojišnica-Glina-Dvor border crossing (from Vedro Polje to Maljevac border crossing),
-DC23 Generalski Stol-Josipdol-Kapela-Žuta Lokva-Senj,
-DC30 Ogulinec-Petrinja-Hrvatska Kostajnica border crossing,
-DC42 Ljubošina-Josipdol-Poljanak-Selište Drežničko,
-DC50 Žuta Lokva-Gospić,
-DC217 Ličko Petrovo Selo-Ličko Petrovo Selo border crossing,
-DC218 Užljebić-Donji Lapac (on the section Dobroselo-Mazin-Bruvno all traffic is suspended),
-DC429 Selište Drežničko-Prijeboj,
-DC522 Udbina-Gornja Ploča,
-ŽC5126 Kosinjski Bakovac,
-ŽC5166 Egeljac-Mali Alan,
-ŽC5169 Bjelopolje-Donji Lapac,
-regional and local roads in the area of Korenica and Senj;
Gorski kotar mountain area and the northern coastal area:
-DC42 Stubica-Ogulinski Hreljin,
-DC203 Brod na Kupi-Delnice,
-ŽC5034 Vrbovsko-Ravna Gora-Kupjak,
-ŽC5062 Kraljev Jarak-Fužine-Lukovo,
-other regional and local roads in the area of Čabar, Vrbovsko, Delnice and Novi Vinodolski;
in the eastern parts:
Restrictions in traffic:
A1 Zagreb-Split-Ploče motorway:
-at Drežnik viaduct one lane is free only in both directions, at Karlovac junction traffic is suspended in the exit lane from direction Rijeka/Split towards Karlovac, detour: Bosiljevo 1 junction-DC3 state road or Novigrad junction-DC6 state road;
-one lane is free only at 142nd km between Otočac and Perušić junctions at Gacka bridge in direction Dubrovnik;
-breakdown at 236th km between Jasenice rest area and Čelinka tunnel in direction Zagreb;
A3 Bregana-Lipovac motorway:
-at Bajakovo border crossing the outbound freight vehicle queue is 5 km long;
-at Lipovac paytoll in direction Lipovac the freight vehicle queue is 1 km long;
-breakdown at 303rd km between Lipovac paytoll and Lipovac junction in direction Lipovac;
-a traffic accident at 284th km between Županja and Spačva junctions in direction Lipovac;
A4 Zagreb-Goričan motorway:
-a traffic accident at 81st km between Sv. Helena and Popovec junctions in direction Zagreb.
Drivers are asked to adjuct the driving speed to road conditions and to keep the safety distance. The headlights have to be on during the day as well. Recommended: Do not start the journey without winter equipment!
During the day difficulties can occur in roadwork areas.
15 November 2018-15 April 2019 winter equipment is mandatory on all Croatian roads with frequent winter conditions.
Roadworks on the motorways:
- one lane is free only at Drežnik viaduct, between Sveti Rok tunnel and Jasenice rest area 229th-237th km in both directions; -A4 Zagreb-Goričan
- one lane is free only between Ludbreg and Varaždin junctions in both directions; -A7 Rupa-Diračje
- traffic is suspended at Matulji junction in the entrance and exit lanes towards Opatija, detour: Jurdani and Diračje junctions; -A8 in Istria
- traffic is flowing in one lane only between Cerovlje and Lupoglav junctions, Lupoglav junction and Učka tunnel. Due to roadworks traffic is suspended: -on the DC1 Lučko-Jastrebarsko state road at Stupnik; -ont he DC7 between Sikirevci and Slavonski Šamac; -on the DC36 Gladovec Pokupski-Žažina state road at Pokupsko; -on the DC53 at Čaglin between Našice and Slavonski Brod; -on the DC206 Hum na Sutli-Kostel state road; -on the DC232 Sisak-Jasenovac state road on the section Lonja-Trebež. Traffic is regulated by traffic signals/one road lane is free only: -on the DC8 Adriatic road at Slano; -on the DC31 state road at Kravarsko; -on the DC33 state road at Drniš; -on the DC205 state road at Sveti Križ near Tuhelj.
All traffic is suspended at Vitaljina border crossing. Dvor border crossing is closed for traffic, detour: Hrvatska Kostajnica/Bosanska Kostajnica. Roadworks are in progress and one lane is free only on the DC223 state road at Gornji Brgat border crossing. Till 30 April 2019 1pm-5pm traffic is suspended twice a week for about 20 minutes. From 2 November traffic is flowing in one lane only at Slavonski Šamac border crossing. At Harmica border crossing traffic is allowed for freight vehicles up to 7,5 tonnes only.
The following ferries, catamarans and ships do not operate: -Lopar-Valbiska ferry, -Mali Lošinj-Cres-Rijeka and Novalja-Rab-Rijeka catamarans, -Mali Lošinj-Unije-Susak and Pula-Mali Lošinj-Zadar ships. Brestova-Porozina ferry does not operate for buses and freight vehicles over 3 tonnes. 30 December 635 Split-Stari Grad ferry departs Stari Grad port at 6.30pm (instead at 5.30pm).
Traffic restrictions for lorries
-at Drežnik viaduct one lane is free only in both directions till 15 December, at Karlovac junction traffic is suspended in the exit lane from direction Rijeka/Split towards Karlovac, detour: Bosiljevo 1 junction-DC3 state road or Novigrad junction-DC6 state road;
-the hard shoulder is closed at 259th km in direction Zagreb till 20 December;
-roadworks in progress 337th-336th km in direction Zagreb till 15 December;
-one lane is free only 228th-229th km in both directions till 17 December at 3pm;
-one lane is free only 43rd-47th km in direction Macelj;
A3 BREGANA-LIPOVAC:-roadworks in progress at Sava bridge 38th-39th km in direction Lipovac till 22 December;
-one lane is free only at Kutina junction 104th-108th km in both directions till 15 December 2018;
-one lane is free only 63rd-62nd km in direction Goričan till 4pm;
A5 BELI MANASTIR-OSIJEK-BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA: A6 RIJEKA-ZAGREB:
-one lane is free only 62nd-64th km in direction Rijeka till 29 May 2019;
-Cernik rest area between Čavle and Kikovica junctions in direction Zagreb is out of order till 1 March 2019;
DC102 KRK BRIDGE:
A7 RIJEKA DETOUR ROAD (OREHOVICA-DIRAČJE):
-at Rječina bridge in direction Rupa the driving speed has to be reduced to 50 km/h;
-one lane is free only 19th-20th km in direction Zagreb till 6pm;
-at Rječina bridge in direction Rupa the driving speed has to be reduced to 50 km/h;
-traffic is suspended at Matulji junction in the entrance and exit lanes towards Opatija till 14 December, detour: Jurdani and Diračje junctions;
A8/A9 HIGHWAY IN ISTRIA:
-roadworks in progress on the section Cerovlje-Lupoglav at Mrzlići viaduct, on the section Lupoglav-Vranja at Gorenja Vas viaduct, on the section Vranja-Veprinac, after Istria paytoll in direction Učka, between Zrinšćak and Učka tunnels at Vela Draga viaduct as well as on the section Žminj-Učka tunnel till 20 December;
A10 BORDER WITH BOSNIA AND HERZEGOVINA-PLOČE:
DC76 STATE ROAD BAŠKO POLJE (DC8)-ZAGVOZD (DC62)-GRUBINE (DC60)-VINJANI DONJI BORDER CROSSING:
-no toll for Sveti Ilija tunnel any more;
-one lane is free only 22nd-25th km in direction Sisak till 4pm;
DC425 (A1 Karamatići-Čeveljuša DC8):
CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN CROATIA:
-DC1 Lučko junction (A3)-Jastrebarsko (DC310) state road at Stupnik;
-DC225 state road Harmica border crossing-Brdovec-Zaprešić-Zaprešić junction (A2) in Zaprešić;
-DC206 Hum na Sutli-Kostel state road;
-DC206 Pregrada-Hum na Sutli state road;
-DC7 state road between Sikirevci and Slavonski Šamac till 22 May 2019, detour: DC7 Velika Kopanica junction-A3-Babina Greda junction-DC520-Slavonski Šamac border crossing;
MOUNTAIN AREA AND NORTHERN COASTAL AREA:
-Perić/Ljubošina bridge on the DC42 state road
- there is a traffic ban on freight vehicles heavier than 20 t, detour: A6 motorway LIKA/SENJ COUNTY: PRIMORJE/GORSKI KOTAR COUNTY: -traffic is suspended at Matulji junction (DC3/DC8 intersection) in the entrance and exit lanes towards Opatija, detour: Jurdani and Diračje junctions; ISTRIA: -ŽC5007 regional road Motovun-Zamask intersection till 5 December; SOUTHERN CROATIA (DALMATIA): ZADAR COUNTY: -ŽC6014 Visočane-Poličnik regional road; ŠIBENIK/KNIN COUNTY: -Tisno bridge on the DC121 state road is closed for about 30 minutes on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays at 9am till 15 May 2019 (that time open for martime traffic only); SPLIT COUNTY:-freight and bus traffic is closed on the DC62 state road at Zagvozd; DUBROVNIK COUNTY: -on the DC223 state road at Gornji Brgat border crossing traffic is suspended twice a week 1pm-5pm for about 20 minutes till 30 April 2019; -DC8 Adriatic road at Dubrovnik airport
- traffic is suspended four times a week for 10 minutes 5pm-8pm till 31 October. ABNORMAL LOAD: CENTRAL AND NORTHWESTERN CROATIA: ZAGREB COUNTY: KRAPINA COUNTY: VARAŽDIN COUNTY: BJELOVAR COUNTY: SISAK COUNTY: EASTERN CROATIA: BROD/POSAVINA COUNTY: OSIJEK COUNTY: -on the DC2 Našice-Josipovac state road till 20 November; VUKOVAR COUNTY: -on the DC46 state road at Mirkovci till 17 November; -on the DC55 state road at Bršadin till 17 November; MOUNTAIN AREA AND NORTHERN COASTAL AREA: KARLOVAC COUNTY: LIKA/SENJ COUNTY: PRIMORJE/GORSKI KOTAR COUNTY: -on the DC3 road Skrad-Kupjak; -on the DC8 at Jurdani till 30 November; -on the DC66 state road at Medveja; ISTRIA: -on the DC44 Lupoglav-Brščak state road till 30 November; -on the part of the B8 highway between Cerovlje and Lupoglav junctions, Lupoglav junction and Učka tunnel till 20 December; SOUTHERN CROATIA (DALMATIA): ZADAR COUNTY: ŠIBENIK/KNIN COUNTY: -on the DC33 state road in Drniš till 30 June 2019; -on the DC1 state road in Knin; SPLIT COUNTY: -on the DC409 at Split airport; DUBROVNIK COUNTY: -on the DC223 state road at Gornji Brgat border crossing; -on the DC8 Adriatic road at Slano; -on the DC414 state road on Pelješac peninsula between Dubravica and Postup intersection till 31 December. See Traffic flow and road conditions as well as Roadworks!
Useful telephone numbers
Roadside assistance service: + 385 1 987, +385 1 4693 700 Traffic conditions: +385 1 464 0800
Traffic forecast for tomorrow
for 16 December 2018 Roads will be very slippery due to low temperatures. Snow is possible in the eastern parts. Due to fog visibility will be reduced in the morning. Due to strong wind there will be traffic bans on some vehicles on the DC8 Adriatic road, on the A1 motorway between Sveti Rok and Posedarje junctions and on the A6 motorway between Delnice and Kikovica. Dense traffic is expected in cities and on their detour roads. During the day difficulties can occur in roadwork areas. Passenger traffic can be dense at: Bajakovo, Županja, Stara Gradiška, Slavonski Brod, Bregana and Macelj. Expect problems in ferry traffic due to wind! Drivers are asked to adjuct the driving speed to road conditions and to keep the safety distance. The headlights have to be on during the day as well. 15 November 2018-15 April 2019 winter equipment is mandatory on all Croatian roads with frequent winter conditions. Check the road conditions before starting your journey online on www.hak.hr , in our app (Croatia Traffic Info) or at + 385 1 46 40 800. Roadside assistance service +385 1 987. Have a pleasant journey!