In the center of Klanjec there is a great building of the Franciscan Monastery. The Franciscan Monastery was built between 1630 and 1686 by the Croatian vice-roy Nikola and his cousin Sigismund Erdödy for the Bosnian Franciscans from the nearby Radakovo. Beside the sacral art treasure, the monastery also keeps two restored metal sarcophagi of exceptional artistic value with the remains of Sigismund Erdödy (1639), the Croatian vice-roy and the founder of the monastery, and Emerik Erdödy (1690). The collection stored in the monastery keeps the centuries-old soul granted to this town by industrious monks and artist with their mastery and craft. Their work and importance in the cultural and public life is preserved in the library and archives of the monastery’s library.
Open for visitors by prior announcement to Cultural Center Klanjec, tel. fax. 049 / 500-807 or e-mail: email@example.comDirections